Friday 17 June 2016

Work Till I Die

Photo taken by author

I am under no illusion that I will do anything other than work to the day I die.
An unfair tax regime and a brutal divorce have seen to that.

At one time in my life I was being taxed at 66cents on the dollar in a job where I swung a shovel, drove heavy dangerous machinery and was seriously injured twice, all because I worked hard and did long hours.
More than 30 years later little has changed as those that work hard and are productive are taxed to death to support those that refuse to.

WFF and interest free student loans, a benefit system that encourages wastrels to breed to avoid work and a high tax ceiling set at a ridiculously low level designed to punish even the lowliest of wage slaves if they work hard enough have contributed to this.

Meanwhile those that earn excessive incomes, use trusts, property and sharp accounting to pay virtually nothing yet claim the largess above of WFF and IFSL continue to prosper and retire aged 50 to suck the life out of the rest of us.

Yep. That's what I expect. And for those that are bludging off the sweat of my brow I hope you are proud of yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment